Skip back to the dawn of the internet and the focus for local SMEs was merely having a website – being online felt like you were ten steps ahead of the competition.
But nowadays, no matter how fantastic your website looks and feels, customers will never find it without SEO (Search Engine Optimisation).
Other search engines are out there, but for the foreseeable future, Google is the daddy.
So localised SEO empowers you to climb its rankings like a mountain goat – generating more traffic, leads and sales every surefooted step of the way.
Local SEO helps customers find you first
Local SEO helps you become the foremost firm in your field in your town, city or region, and level the playing field with larger competitors.
A sensible, sustainable strategy helps ensures customers find you first online and either call you quick-sharp, order a product or service, or walk through your door.
We’ll make sure that your website is simple for customers and Google search spiders to navigate, and that the content contains just the right amount of relevant topics, phrases and keywords that answer customer questions and propel you up search engine rankings.
Your next fix might be ensuring your website design offers mobile customers an excellent experience, with fast loading speeds, easy navigation and adapted images and calls to action which make it easy for them to grab you while they’re on the go.
Then, claiming your free Google My Business listing is an easy win – you’ll automatically enter the ultimate search universe in a few minutes flat.
Google adopted mobile-first indexing a while ago, which means that if your website looks plain weird on potential customers’ mobile phones, you won’t just miss out on their custom, but the search giant will send you to the bottom of their rankings.
Local SEO makes your business money
Without local SEO, your online business is invisible as a secret shop sealed in an underground bunker – which nobody stumbles upon except by sheer chance.
Search marketing has become absolutely essential for local firms in recent years, as these stunning stats prove:
- Over 50% of searches on Google are on mobile devices
- 82% of mobile users use search engines to find local businesses
- 56% of local retailers haven’t claimed their Google My Business listing
- 70% of customers make purchases or visit business premises based on information found in web searches
- 88% of consumer searches for local businesses on a smartphone or other mobile device call or visit within 24 hours
- More than half of ‘near me’ searches on Google result in a physical visit
- 46% of all searches on Google are seeking local information
- 97% of customers search the web to find businesses local to them.
But as well as driving online business, local SEO also helps you score broader business goals like:
- Increasing your footfall
- Grabbing more bookings from high-value clients
- Reaching more consumers and converting them into customers
- Differentiating yourself from the competition and standing out to customers
- Building local awareness of your brand
- Stimulating valuable links with local community groups
- Nurturing loyal local brand advocates
So whatever your goals, we’ll ensure that your local search strategy always gets you more business, increases awareness of your brand, generates high visibility on Google and optimises your website so that it’s open for business on absolutely any channel.
Your local SEO campaign will include:
- Full website audit to ensure it completely satisfies Google and customers.
- Comprehensive keyword and benchmarking analysis to identify exactly how to increase your SEO value and leapfrog fierce competitors.
- Onsite optimisation including content writing from in-house, experienced professional writers.
- Social Media Strategies to interact with your customers on the relevant platforms
- Link earning through quality blogger outreach and local citations
- Paid Search Strategies to meet rapid changes in your business, complement organic tactics and generate quick results
- Perpetual tweaks and adaptations to navigate changing search algorithms
- Transparent reporting to evidence tangible results
Sign up for our Newsletter
Ask Liv about Local SEO